We can help you sell Group Life cover
Explaining the key points of our Group Life cover is a simple way to communicate the benefits and the value of your clients putting this cover in place for their employees.
- Our online claims process helps reduce the need for paperwork at a difficult time. With such a streamlined process, we’re also proud of being able to make prompt payments to trustees or beneficiaries – often in as little as two days, which means that money is available without waiting for probate.
- Under current UK tax laws, premiums are usually treated as an allowable business expense although this may change in the future.
- For a registered scheme, lump sums payable are normally tax-free up to the member's Lifetime Allowance (LTA). All combined registered pension benefits above the Lifetime Allowance are subject to an LTA charge.
- For excepted schemes, lump sums are usually tax-free and do not count towards a member’s LTA but must meet certain conditions.
- Our Group Life cover lump sum benefits, whether registered or excepted, are written under a discretionary trust: which means that under current legislation they are not subject to any income tax and/or inheritance tax.
- Your clients can choose different levels of cover, grouping their employees by benefits to reflect multiples of salary or lump sum limits.
- Trained bereavement counsellors will offer advice and support on practical and emotional issues, not only to beneficiaries, but also to colleagues who have been affected by a loss of life.
- Our free cover limit means that usually members do not need to complete medical underwriting for this type of policy.
- Cover can be extended to include pension benefits to members’ spouse/civil partners, dependants and/or children.
- Employees who are based overseas can be covered by our Group Life policy providing their contract of employment is with the UK company.
Issues that could affect your clients' decisions
We stay abreast of industry issues, so that we can help you be prepared for conversations with your clients about factors that could affect a decision to buy a policy.
If you have a query, please contact us. Call 0800 145 5684. Monday to Friday 9.00am - 5.00pm*
What’s needed to set up a Group Life policy?
Before filling in the forms, your client will have to decide whether or not there will be age requirements associated with the scheme – such as a fixed probationary period. However, every employer must comply with the Equality Act 2010. They should therefore think about:
- The levels of benefits they’d like to offer to employees
- The cease age for the policy
- The eligibility criteria and the category of employees that are to be covered.
We're here to help you
Some clients will be uncomfortable discussing plans to cope with deaths in their workforce. However, these are risks that companies could benefit from considering; particularly those that are employing specialist or high-paid senior personnel. We’re here to help you explain the benefits of our Group Life policy, and answer any questions you – or they – may have about all the products in our Group Protection portfolio, and how they can work together.
Call the Group Life sales support team: 0800 145 5684
Monday to Friday, 9.00am - 5.00pm*
For policy quotes, please email:
We can help you submit an application, deal with any queries, and give you information that will help your clients proceed with confidence as they buy a Group Life policy.
*Calls to and from Aviva may be monitored and/or recorded.