In the UK, the private rented sector has more than doubled in size since 2002 as at 2016/171.
And while homeowners are encouraged to consider their protection needs when taking out a mortgage, renters rarely receive this prompt.
Perhaps as a result, they're three times less likely than mortgage holders2 to have life insurance in place. Leaving them without a financial safety net if illness, injury or death were to strike.
At Aviva, we want to help you close this growing protection gap. That's why we've put together a range of guides, infographics and sales aids to help you identify prospects and have effective conversations with them.
Renters at a glance
- 46% of 25-34 year-olds are renting
- 14% of renters have life insurance
- Only 3% of renters have critical illness cover
- And just 2% have income protection
Download your free resources
The way we live has changed. And today all sorts of people are renting instead of buying their homes.
To make it easy for you to find the right solution for your client, whatever their circumstances might be, we offer a wide range of protection products. From budget-friendly Living Costs Protection to our flagship Life Insurance+.
1. Rise in renters:'English Housing Survey Headline Report, 2016-2017' - contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v.3.0.
2. Percentage of renters and likelihood of having protection: 'Understanding the financial lives of UK adults - Findings from the FCA's Financial Lives Survey 2017', FCA. 2017