Maybe they can...
If you have clients who might consider equity release, but thought their property wasn’t suitable, Aviva could have good news.
We’ve now changed our lending criteria to include some properties with an element of personal commercial use. We’ll also consider a greater range of property types, from historic to modern methods of construction, and a diverse range of flats, including studio and basement.
We’ll now consider lifetime mortgages on:
- Houses with a home-based business
- Houses with land and buildings in personal agricultural or equestrian use, including estates and country houses with some personal commercial use
- Homes where a room or rooms are used for bed & breakfast and holiday lettings (including Airbnb), or with a tenant in a self contained part of the property
- Thatched properties, listed buildings including grade I and II* and many historic building techniques
- Modern methods of construction including Eco homes
- Studio or basement flats and ex-local authority properties.
For more information Download our new lending criteria document.
To help your clients make the most of their property wealth, visit the Equity Release Hub