When you recommend Income Protection+ from Aviva
, you can rest assured that we'll be there for your clients when it really matters. Our cover comes with a range of benefits and support services designed to help your clients to get back to work more quickly and to provide care and support through illness and injury.
What are we changing on Income Protection+?
We’re introducing some changes to ensure we continue to offer value for money for you and your clients:
- Streamlined benefit calculation
– We’re changing our benefit calculation from a three-tier to a two-tier calculation. To help make it as easy as possible for you to offer cover for your clients, we’ve updated both our “Income protection maximum benefit calculator” and “Maximum benefit dual deferred calculator”.
You can access both tools in here
- Our focus on value for money
- Based on the very low number of claims we experience, we’re removing Family Carer Benefit from Income Protection+. However, our income protection is more than just a policy thanks to our “Support Plus” package. We also have a range of additional benefits which are included as standard, such as:
- Special arrangements for NHS doctors, surgeons, nurses and midwives
- Back to work benefit & support
- Waiver of premium
- Hospital benefit
- Trauma benefit
- Benefit guarantee
Why choose Income Protection+?
Income Protection+ helps clients and their families maintain their standard of living by providing an income when your client is unable to work due to illness or injury. Our claimants’ average age at incapacity is 44 years*, a time when they may be paying off their mortgage or even supporting their children.
With no protection in place, your client could be left relying on statutory sick pay (SSP) if they were unable to work through illness or injury. SSP is just £94.25 per week before Tax and National Insurance, paid by an employer for up to 28 weeks. And if your client does not recover before this, they may have to turn to state benefits.
On average, we support Aviva Income Protection+ claimants for 5 years and 19 weeks*.
If you client is unable to work for this length of time due to sickness or injury, they could be forced to make significant cutbacks to their standard of living. Even still, they could be left with financial difficulties such as debts and no savings – or even being unable to keep up payments on their mortgage.
Make Income Protection+ part of the conversation. For full information, resources and support, visit our Income Protection hub or speak to your account manager.
*Aviva's individual protection claims report 2019