We'll consider more property types than many other providers
We’ve now changed our lending criteria to include some properties with an element of personal commercial use. We’ll also consider a greater range of property types, from historic to modern methods of construction, and a diverse range of flats, including studio and basement.
We'll now consider lifetime mortgages on:
- Houses with a home-based business
- Houses with land and buildings in personal agricultural or equestrian use, including estates and country houses with some personal commercial use
- Homes where one or two rooms are used for bed & breakfast (including Airbnb), or where a self-contained part is used for holiday lettings or let out to a tenant
- Thatched properties, listed buildings including grade I and II* and many properties constructed using historic building techniques
- Modern methods of construction including Eco homes
- Studio or basement flats and ex-local authority properties.